Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Dressage Update with Pics!

I was fortunate enough to get my mom out to help me take photos of me and Calvin. Those following our progress know what I'm working on: transitions, going primarily off seat/leg, and stretchy trot. He still has baby brain and gets easily distracted by other horses in the arena or outside. However, his brain doesn't fall out anymore, so we've got that going for us ;)

The video is interesting to watch, I'm doing so much work but you can't really tell unless you know what to look for. I'm not so worried about his "frame," but I don't want him to go around with his head up like a giraffe. When he sticks his head up, I increase rein pressure, so being a giraffe is uncomfortable. The "neutral" position is head down or level. On top of that, I'm always working on having him be more forward in the trot. 



Had to add an "oops" moment in here. Calvin tried to "visit"--i.e. divebomb--my mom the photographer. You can see I'm pulling hard left and using my right leg as hard as I can! Never a dull moment with babies. 
How we finish--loose rein, focused, stretching long and low. 

No comments:

Post a Comment