Monday, March 3, 2014

The Beginning

I'm writing this blog mainly for myself. I'll use this as a way to keep track of my progress with my horse that I can actually look back upon. Sometimes the day-to-day training  can be frustrating and difficult to differentiate any progress made. However, anyone can read along and make comments, but you might get bored very quickly.

Having ridden horses for almost....13 years? Maybe 14? (At this point I don't keep track, I just try to ride as much as possible), I am over the hunter/jumper world. It's too cutthroat, too snobby, too expensive, too hurtful for the horses. There are, of course, exceptions and some really amazing hunter/jumper people. But sadly, they are only the exception, so I decided to switch to trail riding/endurance. By this I mean I'll start with basic trails and hopefully advance to longer trails and endurance riding. So I bought a Mustang, here he is:

This is him as a 2 year old on property with his previous trainer, April Lee! She's an amazing person, very patient, and absolutely wonderful with the mustangs. Visit her website and you might fall in love too!
Her website: familyhorses.net 

No comments:

Post a Comment